Thursday, May 16, 2019

Kootenay National Park




Today we crossed into Canada. A non-event. We had camped close to the border so we didn’t have far to drive to get a campground since this is a 3 day weekend in Canada(Victoria Day) we wanted a spot and would stay there for the entire weekend. We tried one park and no spot would fit us. We then tried the Redstreak National Park Campground. I had looked this up a few days ago and nothing was available but I knew that a few sites were held out for first come/first serve. We took a chance and there was one site left, we took it. To our surprise we have full hookups, water, electric and sewer. Never expected that.



The campground has no internet which is to be expected. My phone supposedly is usable in Canada and Mexico both as a phone and a hot spot(internet). I tried but couldn’t get the link working. No TV of any sort either. Our neighbor told us we were in a dead spot.



We gave up on the phone and went to town to get money and some food shopping. In town my phone began to work and I found out what was wrong with it. I have the phone working now as a hot spot and downloading, everything appears normal. I will limit my use of the internet as I am not sure how many gigs I get.



On our way back from town we saw numerous Big Horn Sheep along the access road. Neat. The campground is up in the mountain, the road to the campground is up a very steep hill. The views of the Valley are terrific. 

Our Welcoming Committee
 



From my Visa account I receive an email for every charge. I was wondering what would happen with the Canadian charges. I get an email with the Canadian charge and the US dollar amount that will be deducted. Solves a problem in conversion.



Our neighbors are a family group of 4 rigs. The parents are Canadians but spend their winters in the Rio Grand Valley in Texas. We had a long chat with them.


No comments: